Glenn Taylor Alberta Party Leader

To learn more about me please visit www.albertaparty.ca

Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Time to Engage

Many of you know that I have been working with a committed group of Albertans that have been striving towards building a new Alberta for the 21st Century. In November of 2009 I found kindred spirits at the ReBoot 1.0 Conference in Red Deer.

Albertans from across the political spectrum came together on that day to discuss how the Alberta that they yearn for has to be renewed and reborn. Also on that day I met people that were interested in building a new political party that could, perhaps re-define how politics could be done differently. That small group of people decided that politics could and should be done differently and were willing to lead the way.

Over the next year many volunteers stepped forward and an established party that was born out of a desire to see a new way forward for Alberta had new life breathed into it and has been re-energized as a vehicle for change in Alberta.

As I have posted previously, the Alberta Party is the place where I have found my political home, a place that aligns with my values and with my vision of how our great province can once again be led by a government that is relevant to the citizens that we are elected to represent.

As my journey continues I have reached a point where I can no longer sit back, it is time for me to engage, openly and honestly as I continue this quest for a better governance for Alberta.

Last week I resigned my position as Chairman of Rural Alberta's Development Fund. I did so out of my desire to not only talk the talk, but walk the walk of better governance. The media release announcing this is attached below.

Your comments are welcomed.

Monday, January 31, 2011

RADF Announces Changes to Board of Directors

Edmonton- In the spirit of good governance and continued impartiality, Rural Alberta Development Fund is announcing the voluntary resignation of Mr. Glenn Taylor as Chair of the Board. 
“Mr. Taylor has informed the Board that he is giving serious thought to seeking the leadership of the new Alberta Party, and the Board compliments him on being proactive in resigning his role as Chair to prevent any perceived conflict of interest,” confirms Brad Ferguson, Managing Director for Rural Alberta Development Fund.
Rural Alberta Development Fund is an independent non-profit company focused on stimulating innovative projects throughout rural Alberta.  The company is stewarded by a governance Board representing all corners of the province.  The Board accepted Mr. Taylor’s decision to resign as Chair while remaining as a Member of the Board, which affirms the values of this independent organization.
Mr. Taylor states, "Although I remain a true champion for rural Albertans, I am an equal champion for good governance.  Resigning as Chair ensures the position is never used, or perceived to be used, for personal or political gain.  It is simply the right thing to do at this time.”
 -30-
 Rural Alberta’s Development Fund is a not-for-profit company that inspires innovation, collaboration and growth across rural Alberta. In 2007, it was capitalized with $100 million by the Government of Alberta as part of its Rural Development Strategy. So far, $75 million has supported 68 rural Alberta projects. Applications are now being accepted for the remaining $25 million, which must be committed by March 31, 2012.
For further information, contact:
Brad Ferguson, Managing Director
Rural Alberta Development Fund
P: 780-436-9585 or E:
brad@radf.ca

http://www.industrymailout.com/Industry/View.aspx?id=249602&q=280007939&qz=633420

No comments:

Post a Comment